As a member of The Arrow Club, you can learn to fly, get your instrument rating, and/or work towards your commercial license! The instruction rate is added to the airplane rental rate. Contact us to inquire about instruction rates.
Private Pilot’s License, Instrument Rating, or Commercial License
Here are a few things you’ll need to do to get the process started:
- Contact us via phone or email.
- Membership: You’ll need to become a member of The Arrow Club to fly our planes.
- Operating Rules & Bylaws: You’ll need to read, sign, and follow the Operating Rules and Bylaws of The Arrow Club.
- Medical Certificate: You’ll need to complete your medical exam. Get your BasicMed, Third Class Medical, Second Class, or First Class Medical Certificate through an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME).
- Make an Appointment: Finally, we’ll need to meet with you. Here’s what you’ll need to bring:
- It sounds like a lot, but we can help you with the details. Here’s a great Q&A from the FAA.
- We’ll connect you with one of our instructors to get you started.
In order to help you save time and money, we prefer that you start your ground school first. It’s fun to fly, but it’s safest, and most efficient when you know what your instructor is talking about.
Becoming a Pilot
The best resource for information on becoming a pilot is through the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration). Here’s a great link to answer any questions about how to become a pilot.